Fronting- in sentence structure
Froting
Affirmative sentences
most often begin
with the grammatical
subject.
If we begin a sentence
with something fronting
this is often to make it
the topic,the thing we
are talking about ,even
though it is not the
grammatical subject.
This can also move
the main information
to the end.
Fronting is common
in speech
Eg:This question we
have already discussed
at some length.
The thick bit is a fronting.
People like that I can't
stand .
The underlined is a fronting.
*Question word clauses are
also often fronted.
When should I get a chance
I know it properly.
Fronting to emphasis
Fronting words also give emphasis
in short sentences.This happens
mostly in speech.
Eg:Strange people they are!
Very good lesson we had
yesterday.
Affirmative sentences
most often begin
with the grammatical
subject.
If we begin a sentence
with something fronting
this is often to make it
the topic,the thing we
are talking about ,even
though it is not the
grammatical subject.
This can also move
the main information
to the end.
Fronting is common
in speech
Eg:This question we
have already discussed
at some length.
The thick bit is a fronting.
People like that I can't
stand .
The underlined is a fronting.
*Question word clauses are
also often fronted.
When should I get a chance
I know it properly.
Fronting to emphasis
Fronting words also give emphasis
in short sentences.This happens
mostly in speech.
Eg:Strange people they are!
Very good lesson we had
yesterday.
Ellipsis as a fronting : Bring
a more important word to the
fronting of the clause.
Eg:postman been.
Some times ellipsis is used to
front of the clause.while the
subject is put in a "tag".at the
end.
Eg:Funny ,your brother.
Adverbs as fronting:
Adverbs or adverbial
expressions can go at
the beginning of a
clause . This happens
in narrative or description.
Eg:once upon a time
There were two little
pigs.
Adverb particle is often
Fronted when giving
instructions to children.
Eg: Off we go.
Down you come.
Fronting with as or though
Fronting adjectives and adverbs
also possible in a structure with
As or though.
Eg:Young as I was, I realised what
was happening.
Fronting , fronting also used to
emphasising.
కామెంట్లు