Readbi english- Cleft Sentence

Readbi english , Readbi english

Cleft sentence
Cleft means 'divided,'
A sentence in which 
Special emphasis is 
given to one part (e.g
the subject or the 
object)by using a 
structure with it or what
is called Cleft Sentence.
These structures are
useful in writing because
we can't use intonation
for emphasis in written
language,but they are
common in speech.

The words to be
emphasised are joined
to the relative clause by
is/was ,an expression
 like "the person who or
what

Eg:The person who  kept
a pig in the garden shed 
was Mary.

The secretary is what jem is.

The place where ,.. the day 
When ,,... the reason why

Eg:The day when we went 
garden was Friday.

The place where I kept bag 
is a hotel in Delhi.


For verb expressions : for 
emphasising verb ,we have
to use "what.....do .

Eg:'what '  he 
did was scream.

For whole sentence:
For for whole sentence we
should use the structure
Cleft structure "what" and
verb "happen".

Eg:what happened was (that)

కామెంట్‌లు

Dsc4 english చెప్పారు…
Just now ,I know about it.
Dsc4 english చెప్పారు…
Just now ,I know about it.

Acronyms

Adjectives- its order

Read the Idioms