Readbi Dsc4 english- Basic word order
Readbi DSC 4 english
Basic word order
Subject+ verb+object
In affirmative sentences
the subject normally
comes before the verb.
objects or complement
Comes after the verb.
Eg: Siva likes cake.
Anna is a doctor.
Eric smiled.
But in few
affirmatives
the verb can come
before the subject
Eg:so can I,In came Mrs park.
For sentences begin
with the object.
Eg: Those people I can't
stand.
Readbi Dsc english.
2.Preparatory "it &they".
When the subject or object
is an infinitive phrase or
clause ,we often put it
at the end of the sentence.
Use it as a preparatory
subject or object.
Eg:It is easy to do what he wants.
She made it clear that she agreed.
"There" can be a preparatory
subject for an indefinite
expression.
Eg:There is a big spider in the bath.
3.Direct & indirect objects
Indirect objects can
come before direct
objects (without
preposition)
Eg:She sent the
nurse some flowers.
She sent some flowers
to the nurse.(with preposition)
4. Questions: auxiliary before subject
Questions have the order.
Auxiliary verb-subject-mainverb.
Have you seen Raj.?
Did Mary phone?
Indirect questions have
the subject before the verb.
Do you think how was she?
Negatives:auxiliary+ not
Eg: The train did not stop.
Negative questions
Why did not she come?
Adjectives before nouns
When adjectives are
together with nouns.
Eg: difficult question.
An interesting book.
7.Adverbs: possible positions
They are in different
places.at the beginning
or at the end of the verb.
Eg
Suddenly I had a terrible idea.
I was playing badly.
An adverb can't normally
come between verb
and object.
Eg: I like pepper very much.
8.Subordinate clauses
after-if,because...etc.
While,after,before,when,
if,because come before
or after the rest of the
sentence.
Eg:After I left school I
spent a year in china.
Or
I spent a year in China
after I left the school.
9.Prepositions.
In what...../ What....in
Eg:In what hotel did he stay?
(formal)
What hotel did he stay in ?
(
Informal)
Readbi english Dsc 4 english.
Basic word order
Subject+ verb+object
In affirmative sentences
the subject normally
comes before the verb.
objects or complement
Comes after the verb.
Eg: Siva likes cake.
Anna is a doctor.
Eric smiled.
But in few
affirmatives
the verb can come
before the subject
Eg:so can I,In came Mrs park.
For sentences begin
with the object.
Eg: Those people I can't
stand.
Readbi Dsc english.
2.Preparatory "it &they".
When the subject or object
is an infinitive phrase or
clause ,we often put it
at the end of the sentence.
Use it as a preparatory
subject or object.
Eg:It is easy to do what he wants.
She made it clear that she agreed.
"There" can be a preparatory
subject for an indefinite
expression.
Eg:There is a big spider in the bath.
3.Direct & indirect objects
Indirect objects can
come before direct
objects (without
preposition)
Eg:She sent the
nurse some flowers.
She sent some flowers
to the nurse.(with preposition)
4. Questions: auxiliary before subject
Questions have the order.
Auxiliary verb-subject-mainverb.
Have you seen Raj.?
Did Mary phone?
Indirect questions have
the subject before the verb.
Do you think how was she?
Negatives:auxiliary+ not
Eg: The train did not stop.
Negative questions
Why did not she come?
Adjectives before nouns
When adjectives are
together with nouns.
Eg: difficult question.
An interesting book.
7.Adverbs: possible positions
They are in different
places.at the beginning
or at the end of the verb.
Eg
Suddenly I had a terrible idea.
I was playing badly.
An adverb can't normally
come between verb
and object.
Eg: I like pepper very much.
8.Subordinate clauses
after-if,because...etc.
While,after,before,when,
if,because come before
or after the rest of the
sentence.
Eg:After I left school I
spent a year in china.
Or
I spent a year in China
after I left the school.
9.Prepositions.
In what...../ What....in
Eg:In what hotel did he stay?
(formal)
What hotel did he stay in ?
(
Informal)
Readbi english Dsc 4 english.
కామెంట్లు